Great fun and well worth a listen...
1 Apple Jam (the Band) (11:41)
2 Oh! Lady, Be Good (G & I Gershwin) (19:42)
3 Blues for the Count (Basie-Peterson) (15:35)
4 Ballad Medley (13:07)
- Indian Summer (Dubin-Herbert)
- Willow Weep for Me (Ronell)
- If I Had You (Campbell-Connelly-Crosby)
- A Ghost Of A Chance (Young-Crosby)
- Love Walked In (G& I Gershwin)
- Sophisticated Lady (Ellington-Mills)
- Nancy (Hausen-Silvers)
- I Hadn't Anyone Till You (Noble)
Harry ''Sweets'' Edison, (trumpet); Benny Carter, Willie Smith, (alto sax)
Buddy DeFranco, (clarinet); Wardell Gray, Stan Getz, (tenor sax)
Count Basie, (piano on 1 & 2. organ on 3); Arnold Ross, (piano on 3 & 4)
Freddie Green, (guitar); John Simmons, (bass); Buddy Rich, (drums).
Recoded Hollywood, August 3rd, 1953
Produced by Norman Granz (for Clef Records).
.: Jam Session - Apple Jam :.