Thad Jones & Mel Lewis – Consummation 1970 BST-84346
Thad Jones- (Flugelhorn) Al Porcino, Marvin Stamm, Snooky Young - (Trumpet) Eddie Bert, Jimmy Knepper, Benny Powell - (Trombone) Cliff Heather - (Bass Trombone) Eddie Daniels - (Flute, Clarinet, Tenor Sax) Jerome Richardson - (Flute, Soprano Sax, Alto Sax) Billy Harper - (Flute, Tenor Sax) Joe Farrell, Pepper Adams, Richie Kamuca - (Clarinet, Baritone Sax) Dick Berg, Julius Watkins, James Buffington, Earl Chapin - (French Horn on 1, 8) Howard Johnson - (Tuba on 1, 8) Roland Hanna - (Piano, Electric Piano) Mel Lewis - (Drums) Richard Davis - (Electric Bass) David Spinozza - (Guitar on 5, 6)
1. Dedication 5:09 2. It Only Happens Every Time 3:03 3. Tiptoe 6:38 4. A Child Is Born 4:04 5. Us 3:33 6. Ahunk Ahunk 7:54 7. Fingers 10:35 8. Consummation 5:08
01. Little Benny 3:37 02. Be-Bop 2:39 03. Lemon Drop 2:50 04. Ornithology 4:16 05. Anthropology 4:45 06. Salt Peanuts 3:01 07. Groovin' High 2:46 08. Shaw 'Nuff 3:27 09. Now's the Time 7:07 10. Hot House 3:33 11. 52nd Street Theme 4:20.
George Wallington - Piano Phil Woods - Sax (Alto) Idrees Sulieman - Trumpet (1-5) Thad Jones - Trumpet Curly Russell - Bass Denzil Best - Drums (1-5) Art Taylor - Drums.
"The sessions on this LP reissue were originally organized by Leonard Feather to pay tribute to the bop era. The 11 selections (all dating from the mid-to late-'40s) feature pianist George Wallington (who is actually the set's leader), altoist Phil Woods, either Idrees Sulieman or Thad Jones on trumpet, bassist Curley Russell, and either Denzil Best or Art Taylor on drums. About the only surprise occurs on "Salt Peanuts," which has an off-key "vocal" from five-year-old Baird Parker, son of the late Charlie Parker. Otherwise, the playing of Woods makes this a worthwhile session for bop fans."
Trombone Shorty : Backatown : 2010 Label: Verve Forecast Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue+.log) Total Time: 43:20 Total Size: 315.5 MB
Tracklist: 01. Hurricane Season 02. On Your Way Down (feat. Allen Toussaint) 03. Quiet As Kept 04. Something Beautiful (feat. Lenny Kravitz) 05. Backatown 06. Right To Complain (feat. Marc Broussard) 07. Neph 08. Suburbia 09. In The 6th 10. One Night Only (The March) 11. Where Y’At 12. Fallin’ 13. The Cure 14. 928 Horn Jam
Recorded on January 11, 1960 1. 24-Hour Leave (Jimmy Heath) - 7:05 2. The End (Julian Priester) - 3:55 3. 1239A (Charles Jazz Davis) - 3:09 4. Just Friends (Sam M.Lewis/John Klenner) - 3:54 5. Bob T's Blues (Julian Priester) - 4:03 6. Under the Surface (Julian Priester) - 4:26 7. Once in a While (Michae Edwards/Bud Green) - 5:24 8. Julian's Tune(Julian Priester) - 4:20
Julian Priester - trombone Jimmy Heath - tenor sax Tommy Flanagan - piano Sam Jones - bass Elvin Jones - drums
All Levels. If you own one Classic jazz recording, there is a good chance it contains at least one of these songs. Offers a good variety of song types, from the beautiful, haunting 'Round Midnight, to the exciting and often played Love For Sale. Complimenting those are some of the best such as George Shearing, Johnny Mandel, and Henry Mancini.
Autumn In New York 'Round Midnight Nancy Love For Sale Early Autumn A Time For Love Namely You I Know That You Know I Cover The Waterfront If I Love Again September In The Rain You Go To My Head Softly As In A Morning Sunrise Days Of Wine And Roses Lullabye Of Birdland
Rhythm Section: Hal Galper (p); Steve Gilmore (b); Bill Goodwin (d)
Chet Baker . trumpet, vocals Enrico Pieranunzi . piano
1. But Beautiful [1st take] 2. But Beautiful [2nd take] 3. But Beautiful [3rd take] 4. My Old Flame 5. The Thrill Is Gone 6. Here's That Rainy Day 7. If You Could See Me Now 8. All The Way 9. But Beautiful [4th take] 10. Darn That Dream
Chet Baker . trumpet Miles Davis . trumpet Rolf Ericson . trumpet Jimmy Giuffre . clarinet Bud Shank . alto saxophone Bob Cooper . tenor saxophone Max Roach . drums Russ Freeman, Lorraine Geller & Claude Williamson . piano
The complete legendary sessions at the famous Lighthouse Club at Hermosa Beach, performed on September 13, 1953, and recorded by the Contemporary Label
1. At Last 2. Winter Wonderland 3. Loaded 4. I'll Remember April 5. Pirouette 6. Witch Doctor 7. 'Round Midnight 8. Infinity Promenade 9. A Night in Tunisia
Label: The Jazz Factory
:: Chet Baker & Miles Davis with The Lighthouse All Stars :: part 1 ][ part 2
Celebrating A Masterpiece: Kind Of Blue documentary The new DVD incorporates material from the 2004 mini-documentary, Made In Heaven, including black-and-white still photography of the recording sessions and the voices of Miles (at the sessions), as well as excerpts of radio interviews with the late Bill Evans and Cannonball Adderley. There are interviews with musicians and luminaries including composer/performer David Amram, the late Ed Bradley, Ron Carter, Jimmy Cobb, Bill Cosby, Herbie Hancock (who demonstrates “So What” at the piano), Eddie Henderson, Shirley Horn, Dave Liebman, the late Jackie McLean, funk-rocker Me’Shell Ndege'Ocello, hip-hop's Q-Tip, Carlos Santana, John Scofield, Horace Silver, and many others.
Volume 95 - 500 Miles High Jamey Aebersold Jazz Series
(pdf + mp3)
Intermediate/Advanced. From "All Of Me" to "500 Miles High" these famous standards and jazz favorites make this an enjoyable set for all musicians. Play and learn with an exciting rhythm section. Rhythm Section: David Hazeltine (p); Dennis Irwin (b); Tony Reedus (d)
Miles Davis - Round About Midnight (Legacy Edition) (1956)
Duplo cd. No primeiro aparecem quatro temas que não estavam no original e que foram gravados nas mesmas sessões. O segundo cd é uma joia: En principio temos a mítica interpretação de “Round Midnight” em Newport a 17 de julho de 1955, junto ao mismíssimo Thelonious Monk. A continuar uma actuação do quinteto a 18 de fevereiro de 1956 em Pasadena. Estamos perante os origens de “Kind of Blue”.
Disc 1 01. 'Round Midnight 02. Ah-Leu-Cha 03. All of You 04. Bye Bye Blackbird 05. Tadd's Delight 06. Dear Old Stockholm 07. Two Bass Hit 08. Little Melonae 09. Budo 10. Sweet Sue, Just You Disc 2 01. 'Round Midnight (live Newport 1954) 02. Introduction by Gene Norman 03. Chance It (A.K.A. Max Is Making Wax) (live) 04. Walkin' (live) 05. Gene Norman & Miles Davis (live) 06. It Never Entered My Mind (live) 07. Woody 'N You (live) 08. Salt Peanuts (live) 09. The Theme (live)
Miles Davis (trumpet) John Coltrane (tenor saxophone) William "Red" Garland (piano) Paul Chambers (bass) Zoot Sims (tenor saxophone) Gerry Mulligan (baritone saxophone) Thelonious Monk (piano) Connie Kay, Philly Joe Jones (drum)
TRACKLIST 1.Millie 2.O Mama Enit 3.I Should Care 4.Rigor Mortez 5.Tones For Jaon's Bones 6.Straight Up And Down
LINEUP Blue Mitchell (trumpet) Jerry Dodgion (flute, alto saxophone) Junior Cook (tenor saxophone) Pepper Adams (baritone saxophone) Julian Priester (trombone) Chick Corea, Cedar Walton (piano) Gene Taylor (double bass) Mickey Roker (drums)
Recording information: Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, New Jersey (11/17/1966).
Arranger: Duke Pearson.
Recorded in the midst of Blue Mitchell's 1960s tenure at Blue Note, BOSS HORN is a solid album of top-notch hard bop. Here the trumpeter leads an ensemble with a formidable horn line that includes trombonist Julian Priester and baritone saxophonist Pepper Adams. Mitchell's strong trumpet playing is always front-and-center, but BOSS HORN is particularly notable for its pianists. Cedar Walton appears on the album's first four tracks, and his jaunty work on Mitchell's own celebratory, neo-Latin "O Mama Enit" is a highlight. A young Chick Corea proves to be the real scene-stealer, however, with his two self-penned tracks, "Tones for Joan's Bones" and "Straight Up and Down." Both of these adventurous tunes are performed on Corea's '68 debut, which is titled after the former song. For fans of any of the aforementioned musicians, especially Mitchell and Corea, this is an underrated gem of a record that provides a bridge between Mitchell's more straightforward bop and Corea's groundbreaking solo work.
Russell Garcia And His Orchestra (1958) Los Angeles River
1. Worry-Go-Round (R.Garcia) 2:43 2. Carefree (Heyman-Henderson) 3:10 3. Palo Alto (R.Garcia) 2:23 4. Aren’t you Glad You’re You? (Burke-Van Heusen) 2:34 5. One Love (Robin-Rose) 3:22 6. Good Humor (R.Garcia) 2:13 7. When I Go, I Go all the Way (B.& R.Russell) 2:49 8. Coronado (R.Garcia) 3:54 9. The Boy Next Door (Martin-Blane) 3:30 10. I’m Confessin’ That I Love You (Dougherty-Reynolds-Neiburg) 3:41 11. Never Never Land (Comdon-Green-Styne) 3:42 12. I Lead a Charmed Life (B.& R.Russell) 3:34 13. Music City (R.Garcia) 2:56 14. Fish Tail (R.Garcia) 3:42 15. Smoggy Day (R.Garcia) 3:17 16. Los Angeles River (R.Garcia) 2:45 17. Number Four (R.Garcia) 2:48
Tracks #1-12:Radio Recorders, Hollywood, July 5 and 23, 1956.
trumpets : Maynard Ferguson, Don Fagerquist, Buddy Childers, Wes Hensel, Cappy Lewis
trombones : Murray McEachern, Harry Betts, Lloyd Ulyate, James Henderson, Frank Howard
Herb Geller (as); Bill Ulyate (bs); Howard Roberts (g); John T. Williams (p);
Max Bennett or Curtis Counce (b); Alvin Stoller (d);
Red Norvo (vb #6,10); Jack Costanzo (bgo #8).
#13-17:Radio Recorders, Hollywood, November 2, 1956. trumpets : Maynard Ferguson, Don Fagerquist, Buddy Childers, Ray Linn trombones : Milt Bernhart, Frank Rosolino, Lloyd Ulyate, Tommy Pederson
Gerry Mulligan Quartet - Reunion With Chet Baker (1957) MP3 / 320kbps / RS.com: 157mb / Cover
01. Reunion (4:03) 02. When Your Lover Has Gone (5@05) 03. Stardust (4:42) 04. My Heart Belongs To Daddy (4:11) 05. Jersey Bounce (4:25) 06. The Surrey With The Fringe On Top (4:40) 07. Trav’lin’ Light (3:40) 08. Trav’lin’ Light [alternate take] (4:30) 09. Ornithology (5:11) 10. People Will Say We’re In Love (3:40) 11. The Song Is You (3:20) 12. Gee Baby, Ain’t I Good To You (3:30) 13. Gee Baby, Ain’t I Good To You [alternate take] (3:30) 14. I Got Rhythm (5:57) 15. All The Things You Are (6:43)
Gerry Mulligan, baritone sax Chet Baker, trumpet Henry Grimes, bass Dave Bailey, drums
Chet Baker, Paul Bley - Diane (1985) MP3 ~ 320kbps ~ RS.com ~ 128mb
1. If I Should Lose You Rainger, Robin (7:16) 2. You Go to My Head Coots, Gillespie (7:01) 3. How Deep Is the Ocean? Berlin (5:18) 4. Pent-Up House Rollins (3:56) 5. Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye Porter (7:54) 6. Diane Erno Rapee (5:32) 7. Skidadidlin' (4:15) 8. Little Girl Blue Rodgers, Hart (10:24)
01 Sweet Clifford ..... Brown 6:41 02 I Don't Stand a Ghost of a Chance with You ..... Crosby, Washington, Young 7:19 03 Stompin' at the Savoy ..... Goodman, Razaf, Sampson, Webb 6:23 04 I'll String Along with You ..... Dubin, Warren 4:09 05 Mildama ..... Roach 4:30 06 Darn That Dream ..... De Lange, Van Heusen 4:02 07 I Get a Kick out of You ..... Porter 7:36
Recorded in Los Angeles on August 2, 3, 6, and 10, 1954.
Clifford Brown - Trumpet Max Roach - Drums Harold Land - Tenor Saxophone Richie Powell - Piano George Morrow - Bass